RE: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?

Autor: O'Reilly, Stuart
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?
>> I currently run Exim 4.30 on my linux server and recently starting
>> using SMTP Auth to allow fellow users to send email when on the road.
>> Everything is fine apart from a delay when connecting to the mail
>> server. One of the users reports this problem every time he sends
>> mail thru my mail server. Both he and I are on DSL connections.

<snip>

>You posted this less that 24 hours ago, and have already had several

follow
>the suggestions?

You're right Peter, I did post this less than 24 hours ago, and yes the kind
folks that populate this list have mentioned the rfc1413 ident setting. I
ran a quick test with the person concerned this morning and everything is
now flying through.

Unfortunatly Peter, due to my work load and my domestic life, I have had
virtually no time to sit down and read the list until this morning.

Thanks guys for a quick and informative reponse.

Stuart.