Re: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?

Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: O'Reilly, Stuart, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> * O'Reilly, Stuart <stuart.o'reilly@???> [20040423 02:49]: wrote:
> > To quote his words in a recent email:
> >     The test still took a while... It says 'Connecting', 'Connected',
> > waits for ages, 'Sending' and finally 'Sent'... :)   (I never even saw
> >     'Authorising')
> rfc1413_hosts                 = *
> rfc1413_query_timeout         = 10s
> Those are the values in my file, but there is actually no harm in
> commenting them out and giving Exim daemon a HUP.
> That is where my suspicion is.

Me too. it is likely the complaining person has on hist machine an
ill-configured firewall !
Exim by default tries an auth call to the client, if it repliues then uses
it, if don't just ignore. If the firewall intercept and drops the packet,
the exim server has no way to know if the packet is delayed or refused so
it has to wait for timeout.