Re: [Exim] RE:J-files not being deleted

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steve Karlsen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] RE:J-files not being deleted
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Steve Karlsen wrote:

> Currently using Exim 4.30, have noticed that the J-files or journal files do
> not get removed from the spool directory, after a message has been
> successfully been delivered to it's destination. I've got J files that have
> been in the spool directory for about 20 days.
> Any ideas why they're not being deleted

Do you see "Completed" messages in the Exim log? Are there any messages
in the panic log about failures to delete -J files? Does *every* message
leave its journal lying around? If not, can you figure out any
characteristic of those that do? If you can force the problem, have you
run a delivery with debugging turned on?