Re: [Exim] Exim/MM/Openbsd: Which FM Do I RT?

Autor: Peter Galbavy
A: karl
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim/MM/Openbsd: Which FM Do I RT?
Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:
> I did the above, but I had to make the _exim user manually with adduser.
> I gave write perms to /var/spool/exim to _exim. I didn't make it setuid
> root because it appears not to apply.

If you are using the port/package, why don't you let the system work as
it gets installed ?

You missed or edited away the text that said:

| If you want to do local deliveries as another user
| (e.g. if you allow users to put procmail into their
| .forward file) make the exim binary setuid root.

| If you intend replacing sendmail with exim, then don't
| forget to modify /etc/mailer.conf accordingly; see
| mailwrapper(8).

You can either change /usr/sbin/sendmail to point to
/usr/local/sbin/exim or, more likely if you install the package, then
update /etc/mailer.conf to replace sendmail with exim, and let the
system start "sendmail" with flags "-bd -q30m" as root, then it will
work. Oh, the bit that may not be documented is to change the root
crontab entries for local sendmail stuff...

> -what's the best document to use for my remote deliveries to go through
> properly, given what Peter has said?
>
> If anyone out there is running OpenBSD Mailman via Exim, i'd gladly send
> you a case of beer at this point to get a working /exim/configure file.

Is there anything I said in my earlier reply that caused you to stop
asking question of me or on the openbsd lists ? Don't think so, but like
with all these things and "free" software, patience can wear thin.

Peter