[Exim] Exim/MM/Openbsd: Which FM Do I RT?

Autor: Karl R. Balsmeier
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.31 Solaris compile problem
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim/MM/Openbsd: Which FM Do I RT?
Ok, after taking a break from trying to get this to work, I am prepared to
close it out.

I have Exim sending mails locally to the server it's installed[a] on when
I click /mailman/create, but am having trouble getting it to talk remotely
to my main email server where myself and others who plan to use mailman
keep our mail[b].

The transports/directors are different depending on which document you
use. README.Exim says one thing, exim.org another, Openbsd exim
maintainer, yet another. Which do I use given my setup?

For example, when it comes to user&group_id's, Peter Galbavy, the
maintainer if Exim on OpenBSD's ports/packages notes that the below
message takes precendent to both Nigel Metheringham's README.Openbsd
{included in the mailman docs}, and Nigel's howto on exim.org.

+---------------
| It is strongly advised that you configure exim to use
| a UID and GID other that 0/0. You can do this by adding
| lines to the configure file like this:

|       exim_user = "_exim"
|       exim_group = "_exim"
|       with uid/gid = "521"

| but you must remember to allow that user write
| permissions to /var/spool/exim.

| If you want to do local deliveries as another user
| (e.g. if you allow users to put procmail into their
| .forward file) make the exim binary setuid root.

I did the above, but I had to make the _exim user manually with adduser.
I gave write perms to /var/spool/exim to _exim. I didn't make it setuid
root because it appears not to apply.

-what's the best document to use for my remote deliveries to go through
properly, given what Peter has said?

If anyone out there is running OpenBSD Mailman via Exim, i'd gladly send
you a case of beer at this point to get a working /exim/configure file.

I have a copy of sessions running at debug level 9, shall I include it?

-krb