Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disab…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Toralf Lund
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disable the setup?)
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Toralf Lund wrote:

> Yes. I'm not sure I see how it is *that* dangerous, though. After all,
> the GMT offset is also included in the headers, so you can't *really*
> fake the time.

Consider the timestamps in Exim's log files, though nowadays you can, in
fact, get the timezone included there too, of course.

> My point is that maintaining two or more different config files (in this
> case the exim config and the global timezone info) supposedly containing
> the same setting also tends to lead to confusion - because sooner or
> later you'll change one of the files and forget about the other(s)...

Normally, if you set your timezone and then build Exim, it will use that
timezone.

In some operating systems, but alas not all, setting timezone to an
empty string means "wallclock time". If this is the case on your system,
you should do that in your Exim config. It would be really good if this
were universally true.

But in practice, how often does an MTA move to a different timezone?