Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disab…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Toralf Lund
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disable the setup?)
Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Toralf Lund wrote:
>

>>Hmmm. Depends on how you see it. I'm primarily talking about processes
>>started via 'exim -bd'. Not everyone can do that, can they?
>>

>True, but it still seems dangerous, and a very "special case" feature.

Yes. I'm not sure I see how it is *that* dangerous, though. After all,
the GMT offset is also included in the headers, so you can't *really*
fake the time.

>Of course, there is a way to hack it. In your Exim configuration, put
>
>TZ=<whatever default you want for non-daemon calls>
>timezone = TZ
>
>Then, when you start up the daemon, start it with
>
> exim -bd -D TZ=$TZ
>
>That defines a macro TZ that will override the definition in the file.
>For security, however, you have to be root or exim to do that...
>
>Not tested, just thought up off the top of my head, YMMV, etc...

Possibly worth a try.

>But I still think there will be confusion, because other Exim processes
>will see things differently.

My point is that maintaining two or more different config files (in this
case the exim config and the global timezone info) supposedly containing
the same setting also tends to lead to confusion - because sooner or
later you'll change one of the files and forget about the other(s)...