Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disab…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Toralf Lund
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disable the setup?)
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Toralf Lund wrote:

> Why is timezone set up this way? Is there any way to override the TZ
> setup? What I really want, is to use the value already present in the
> environment...

Which environment? Any program running on the box can call the MTA; what
is in its environment is its business. Exim does not pay attention to TZ
in the environment with which it is called because you don't want any
old process on your box to be able to affect the timezone of Exim's log
timestamps, do you?