[Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disable t…

Author: Toralf Lund
Subject: [Exim] Timezone setting. (Why is TZ changed? Can I disable the setup?)
From the exim spec,

          timezone

    /Type:/  string
    /Default:/  unset

    The value of timezone is used to set the environment variable TZ
    while running Exim (if it is different on entry). This ensures that
    all timestamps created by Exim are in the required timezone. If you
    want all your timestamps to be in UTC (aka GMT) you should set

timezone = UTC

    The default value is taken from TIMEZONE_DEFAULT in
    /Local/Makefile/, or, if that is not set, from the value of the TZ
    environment variable when Exim is built. If timezone is set to the
    empty string, either at build or run time, any existing TZ variable
    is removed from the environment when Exim runs.

Why is timezone set up this way? Is there any way to override the TZ setup? What I really want, is to use the value already present in the environment...

- Toralf