[Exim] Exim 4.31

Author: Jonathan Telep
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim 4.31
I just upgraded to Exim 4.31 yesterday and have a few questions:

Prior to this I was trying to get Exim 3.36-1 running without much success
but I was at least able to get the server to respond differently when I made
changes to the config file in /etc/exim/exim.conf. Since the upgrade it
doesn't seem to matter what I change in the config file, the server acts the
same. Does Exim4 use a different config file and, if so, where on the
system is it stored? I've found a new file located in
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated which, I know isn't the one it's using
but this one looks completely different from /etc/exim/exim.conf. Am I
supposed to copy this into that directory and use it instead or is there a
different config file elsewhere on the system?

Thanks,

Jon