RE: [Exim] Exim 4.31

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim 4.31
Jonathan Telep wrote:
> Prior to this I was trying to get Exim 3.36-1 running without much
> success but I was at least able to get the server to respond
> differently when I made changes to the config file in
> /etc/exim/exim.conf. Since the upgrade it doesn't seem to matter
> what I change in the config file, the server acts the same. Does
> Exim4 use a different config file and, if so, where on the system is
> it stored? I've found a new file located in
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated which, I know isn't the one it's
> using but this one looks completely different from
> /etc/exim/exim.conf. Am I supposed to copy this into that directory
> and use it instead or is there a different config file elsewhere on
> the system?

Sounds like you're using Debian. The default configuration format for
Debian Exim 4 packages is a bunch of little files in /etc/exim4/conf.d.
These files are essentially the Exim 4 configuration split into easy to
manage sections. A script takes these files and combines them into
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated, using values from
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf. You can make changes to these 'stub
files' as necessary, then run 'update-exim4.conf' and SIGHUP the Exim 4
daemon (/etc/init.d/exim4 reload).

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>