Re: [Exim] strange debug message when reading maildirsize fi…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Anand Buddhdev
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] strange debug message when reading maildirsize file
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> > > error in maildirsizefile: unexpected character 184: recalculating
> >
> > I will take a look and see if I can spot anything in the code that might
> > cause this, but it doesn't sound as if it will be a straightforwardly
> > easy bug to fix.
>
> Thanks for taking a look Philip. I'm going to turn off my list
> delivery for a while, because I'm going to Bristol, Bath and then
> Exeter for a Scrabble tournament. If you find the bug, and if you
> don't mind, would you drop me an email?

Please try the following simple patch. I think it might fix things. (For
the next release, I have expanded the debugging information for this
error, so that if this doesn't fix it, we'll get more info next time. If
it proves necessary, I can let you have that patch too.)

Philip

*** exim-4.31/src/transports/tf_maildir.c   Mon Mar 29 15:36:02 2004
--- transports/tf_maildir.c    Tue Apr 13 11:45:19 2004
*** 357,362 ****
--- 357,363 ----
      debug_printf("maildirsize file too big (%d): recalculating\n", count);
    goto RECALCULATE;
    }
+ buffer[count] = 0;   /* Ensure string terminated */

/* Read the quota parameters from the first line of the data. */