RE: [Exim] Incorrect Berkeley DB version

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Bradford Carpenter', exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Incorrect Berkeley DB version
Bradford Carpenter wrote:
> Just tried working with dbm lookups in exim for the first time. But
> exim seems unable to determine the version of Berkeley DB that's
> running.
>
> I have db4 4.2.52 installed on OS X (using darwinports), but "exim
> -bV" shows only "Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)".
> Didn't think this was a problem until I tried a lookup directly from
> my spamprobe db4 file using exim:
>
> failed to open /.spamprobe/sp_words as a db (v1) file: Inappropriate
> file type or format
>                                             ^^^^

> Any ideas on why exim can't detect the installed Berkeley DB version?
> Where does exim look to get this info?
>
> Brad

Sounds like (as Philip mentioned) that it got linked to your db1 libraries
rather than db4. If you have both db1 and db4 installed, chances are that
db1 is your "default" db package, so if something tries to compile with
-ldb, it gets db1 not db4. If you change the -ldb line to -ldb4 I think it
will work. It may not though, as I haven't checked this to see if it's
right, but I remember seeing this problem in the past on my systems too. I
think I just manually made a symlink for libdb.so and stuff to point to db4
library files rather than the db1 libraries.

Eli.