Re: [Exim] Incorrect Berkeley DB version

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Joshua Lokken
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Bradford Carpenter
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Incorrect Berkeley DB version
* Bradford Carpenter <jbc@???> [2004-04-11 13:44]:
> Just tried working with dbm lookups in exim for the first time. But
> exim seems unable to determine the version of Berkeley DB that's
> running.
>
> I have db4 4.2.52 installed on OS X (using darwinports), but "exim -bV"
> shows only "Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)". Didn't
> think this was a problem until I tried a lookup directly from my
> spamprobe db4 file using exim:
>
> failed to open /.spamprobe/sp_words as a db (v1) file: Inappropriate
> file type or format
>                                             ^^^^

> Any ideas on why exim can't detect the installed Berkeley DB version?
> Where does exim look to get this info?
>
> Brad
>

> --__--__--

IIRC, in the freebsd ports makefile, I found:

# WITH_BDB_VER is the version of the Berkeley DB library to use, and
# may be 1, which corresponds to version 1.85 in the base system, 4,
# 41 or 42 which depends on the databases/db4[12] ports.
WITH_BDB_VER?=42

Which does what you are asking about. I have never used Darwinports.

--
Joshua

"Can you imagine how life could be improved if we could do away with
jealousy, greed, hate ..."

"It can also be improved by eliminating love, tenderness, sentiment --
the other side of the coin"
        -- Dr. Roger Corby and Kirk, "What are Little Girls Made Of?",
           stardate 2712.4