Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Calum Mackay
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: eximdev
Υ/ο: exim-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
eximdev@??? wrote:
> The default set of platforms are: "All", "DEC", "HP", "Macintosh", "PC",
> "SGI", "Sun" and "Other". I think I will rename PC to x86. Are there any
> that should be ignored and more importantly any that need adding?

Given that Sun ship both SPARC and x86 platforms, and that some other
companies ship SPARC, I think "Sun" might be better as "SPARC".

> The default OS's, minus Windows and MacOS variants are: "All", "MacOS
> X", "Linux", "BSDI", "FreeBSD", "NetBSD", "OpenBSD", "AIX", "BeOS",
> "HP-UX", "IRIX", "Neutrino", "OpenVMS", "OS/2", "OSF/1", "Solaris",
> "SunOS", and "other". There are some that I think should be removed
> (Neutrino?!) and I imagine some that are missing. Maybe Linux needs
> splitting up a bit?

I think it would be better to remove the distinction between Solaris and
SunOS. Currently, SunOS is the core OS shipped in the Solaris Operating
Environment.

Historically, we needed to differentiate between SunOS 4.x, shipped as
part of Solaris 1.x, and SunOS 5.x (Solaris 2.x and up), but nowadays
that's no longer required.

The OS itself thinks it's called "SunOS", but perhaps more people would
say "Solaris"? Having both might lead to confusion...

cheers,
c.