Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tabor J. Wells
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: eximdev
Υ/ο: exim-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:32:43PM +0100,
eximdev@??? <eximdev@???> is thought to have said:

> The default OS's, minus Windows and MacOS variants are: "All", "MacOS
> X", "Linux", "BSDI", "FreeBSD", "NetBSD", "OpenBSD", "AIX", "BeOS",
> "HP-UX", "IRIX", "Neutrino", "OpenVMS", "OS/2", "OSF/1", "Solaris",
> "SunOS", and "other". There are some that I think should be removed
> (Neutrino?!) and I imagine some that are missing. Maybe Linux needs
> splitting up a bit?

And perhaps some versioning of the OSes too? There are plenty of times where
a problem has affected one version but not another (for example the various
build problems between MacOS X 10.2 vs 10.3).

Although that might get kind of clunky quickly... It'd be nice to find a way
to make sure bug openers are clear on the specific release of their OS.

Is it possible to have a release/version subfield for the OS?

> There are then a number of options that will perhaps influence how the
> development process works. There is an optional voting feature, where
> people can vote for bugs that they would like to see fixed and perhaps
> then help developers prioritise tasks.

I can see that being useful especially for Wishlist items since historically
the features people want the most are the ones Philip has implemented first.

Also I find myself coming into possession of a couple of Sun E220Rs which I
would be happy to donate to the cause of exim development in whatever
capacity they would be needed most.

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality