Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Hall
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tony Finch
Υ/ο: exim-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Tony Finch wrote:

> > The default priorites are P1 to P5. I prefer more descriptive terms
> > such as 'critical', 'high', 'medium' and 'low'. The severity
> > describes the impact of the bug and the defaults are 'blocker',
> > 'critical', 'major', 'normal', 'minor', 'trivial' and 'enhancement'.
>
> They seem easy to confuse. Can these fields be renamed at all? The
> current wishlist is categorized by estimated size of task, which seems
> a useful thing to keep.

Fields can be renamed. All the HTML is based on templates, which are
quite easy to customise. Digging around in the database, I've found a
table that lists field descriptions against field names (I guess for
i18n), so we can as we please.

I have found it useful, however, to retain the severity field (renamed,
perhaps) to describe the type of bug, e.g. bug, enhancement, aesthetic,
etc.

There is another field called "Status Whiteboard" that can be used for
whatever you want - perhaps the wishlist categorizations could go in
here?

> > The default set of platforms are: "All", "DEC", "HP", "Macintosh",
> > "PC", "SGI", "Sun" and "Other". I think I will rename PC to x86. Are
> > there any that should be ignored and more importantly any that need
> > adding?
>
> ia64, amd64.

Are these different enough to be separate? I know Linux intends to just
call it x86-64.

> > The default OS's, minus Windows and MacOS variants are: "All", "MacOS
> > X", "Linux", "BSDI", "FreeBSD", "NetBSD", "OpenBSD", "AIX", "BeOS",
> > "HP-UX", "IRIX", "Neutrino", "OpenVMS", "OS/2", "OSF/1", "Solaris",
> > "SunOS", and "other". There are some that I think should be removed
> > (Neutrino?!) and I imagine some that are missing.
>
> A look at Exim's OS directory would help.

Ok, will do.

Regards,
John