Re: [Exim] test new configuration

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Welty
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] test new configuration
On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:27:43 +0300 Rossen Naydenov <rnaydenov@???> wrote:

> Hi guys,

> As we are building new email architecture we need to test it before
> putting it into production. I was wondering how to test it as we do not
> have MX record set. Without this we cannot send and receive legitimate
> mail right?

no.

there is _no_ requirement in the RFCs that you set an MX record to
receive email. in the absence of an MX record, the A record will
be used to determine where to send mail.

in terms of testing, there are numerous knobs and buttons on exim for
that purpose. things like -bt and -bh allow you to learn a lot about your
config files behavior before you unleash it in public.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???