Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address
On Apr 6, 2004, at 6:27 AM, Tor Slettnes wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2004, at 22:35, Michael Johnson wrote:
>
>> If it is in fact scanning it, it's not putting the headers in showing
>> it was scanned. I have it set to in the ACL:
>>

> This should be enough. Some questions though:
> - Did you check the logs (mainlog, rejectlog, paniclog)?
>
> - The above snippet is in your DATA acl, named something like
> 'acl_check_data'?

Bingo...it was commented out on the acl_smtp_data line.

> - SpamAssassin is indeed listening on port 783 on the remote host?
> ('telnet sa-server 783')

It's running, but only for the localhost. When I connect from the
machine where it's running, it answers fine. When I try to connect
from any remote machine, I get rejected.

> - For testing, try not setting "spamd_address", and run SA locally.

This works now, but I don't have all the rules and learning set up
here. Maybe I should look at duplicating the rules and such on a
regular basis, like every 15 minutes or so. Still, I think it would be
preferred to simply connect to spamd and clamav through the network,
even if only spamd since both clamav installs will update from the db
at the same time.

-Michael

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are
incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful
beyond imagination.

                    --Albert Einstein