Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Michael Johnson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address
On Apr 5, 2004, at 22:35, Michael Johnson wrote:

> If it is in fact scanning it, it's not putting the headers in showing
> it was scanned. I have it set to in the ACL:
>
> # Always add X-Spam-Score and X-Spam-Report headers, using SA
> system-wide settings
> # (user "nobody"), no matter if over threshold or not.
>
>    warn message = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>            spam = nobody:true
>    warn message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
>            spam = nobody:true
>    warn message = X-New-Subject: [***SPAM***] $h_subject:
>            spam = nobody
>    warn message = X-Virus-Scanned: Scanned with Clam AntiVirus
>            spam = nobody:true
>    warn message = X-Spam-Flag: YES
>            spam = nobody

This should be enough. Some questions though:
- Did you check the logs (mainlog, rejectlog, paniclog)?

- The above snippet is in your DATA acl, named something like
'acl_check_data'?

- That ACL is being pointed to by the 'acl_smtp_data' option in the
main section?

- You don't have another "accept" or "deny" condition above these
lines, catching your test mails? (for instance, "accept hosts =
+relay_hosts")

- You verifiably patched Exim with ExiScan-ACL, built it ('make'), and
installed the new version over your old one ('make install')?

- SpamAssassin is indeed listening on port 783 on the remote host?
('telnet sa-server 783')

- For testing, try not setting "spamd_address", and run SA locally.

-tor