Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Michael Johnson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address
On Apr 6, 2004, at 06:33, Michael Johnson wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2004, at 6:27 AM, Tor Slettnes wrote:
>
>> - SpamAssassin is indeed listening on port 783 on the remote host?
>> ('telnet sa-server 783')
>
> It's running, but only for the localhost. When I connect from the
> machine where it's running, it answers fine. When I try to connect
> from any remote machine, I get rejected.

You need to start 'spamd' something like '--listen-ip=0.0.0.0' (by
default, it listens only to the loopback address 127.0.0.1).

Beware of the security implications. Don't leave that machine (or at
least, port 783/tcp on that machine) exposed to the world (or even a
LAN).

As a Mac OS X user, you ought to familiarize yourself a little with the
'man' command. (Type 'man man' for info). "man spamc" would have
given you the answer you were looking for 2 mails back; "man spamd"
would have given you the answer above.

-tor