Re: [Exim] 4.31 pre-release snapshot

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.31 pre-release snapshot
I don't know if this is a wishlist item, or a 'hey, can anyone suggest
a better way to...' so here goes

Looking at the changelog, I think of the pain I have comparing
src/EDITME to the last Local/Makefile every time I update exim. I
usually do it by hand, referring to the main changelog document.

I'm wondering if there's any better way to do that AND, I'm wondering
what the usefulness of having a seperate changelog for the src/EDITME
document -- something that just lists the newly added or removed info
for that version. That way one could just migrate the Local/Makefile
from the functional/installed previous release and copy/delete the
appropriate lines. Am I crazy thinking that would be good?