Re: [Exim] Greylisting + multiple MX hosts -> multiple attem…

Author: Tony Finch
To: Nigel Wade
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Greylisting + multiple MX hosts -> multiple attempts
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Nigel Wade wrote:
> Ian A B Eiloart wrote:
> >
> > But Baysian filters have their limitations. Researchers already have lists
> > of words that these filters tend to like, and techniques for refining those
> > lists on a per filter basis.
>
> Do you have any references for that?
> The only reports I've read have been for a very specific set of words.

One of the things that doesn't impress me about SpamBayes' and
SpamAssassin's statistical filter (they use the same basic design) is that
it works on the basis of presence of words, not frequency of words. This
makes them relatively easy to fool. I don't know if DSPAM is cleverer or
not -- it isn't usable here because it doesn't work with Cyrus.

--
Tony Finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/