Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
Hi Tom, on Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:08:00 +0100 you wrote:

> The big difference is that SPF info is put in the forward DNS, and thus
> is per-domain. rDNS is per-address. Now throw in NAT, "virtual" servers
> and other abominations, and it does not work any more ...

Sure, these are issues - but probably not any greater than the issues
caused by SPF.

> I also think that 'HELO name == rDNS lookup' is a good idea, but reality
> is in the way :)

Well, even just coherent DNS (ignoring the HELO) would be a major
improvement...I'd settle for that as a starting point.

Tim