Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tom Kistner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tim Jackson
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
Tim Jackson wrote:

> Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thinking this. Not a complete
> solution, nor addressing exactly the same problem, but it seems to me that
> inventing a completely new solution (i.e. SPF) that breaks things when we
> haven't even exhausted existing methods is a shame. No doubt someone will
> point out how unlikely it is that everyone will ever have working rDNS - I
> agree, but if that's true, what are the chances of everyone making far
> bigger changes to their software to cope with SPF rewriting?

The big difference is that SPF info is put in the forward DNS, and thus
is per-domain. rDNS is per-address. Now throw in NAT, "virtual" servers
and other abominations, and it does not work any more ...

I also think that 'HELO name == rDNS lookup' is a good idea, but reality
is in the way :)

/tom