Re: [Exim] What happens when SA is delayed

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] What happens when SA is delayed
On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:18:44AM -0500, Frank DeChellis wrote:

>     # At this point let anything from a local host though (no spamcheck)
>     accept  hosts               = +relay_from_hosts
>     # put headers in all messages (no matter if spam or not)
>     warn  message = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>           spam = nobody:true
>     # add second subject line with *SPAM* marker when message
>     # is over threshold
>     warn  message = Subject: *SPAM* $h_Subject
>           spam = nobody
>     warn  message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
>           spam = nobody
> ##don;t scan emails greater than 100k
> warn    message        = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>           condition      = ${if <{$message_size}{50k}{1}{0}}
>           spam           = nobody:true
> ###end of file size check
>      # reject spam at scores > 6
>      deny   message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
>        spam = nobody:true
>        condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{60}{1}{0}}

Looks OK to me. That said, I don't use Exiscan to call SpamAssassin. I
use a classic filter, becase anything that isn't rejected by simple
checks (rbl lists, unverifiable sender etc) we just accept, mark and
redirect. So I have complete control, via spamc, of how the mail is
passed to spamd. Having had a quick look at the Exiscan code, I see it
doesn't use spamc but connects directly to the spamd daemon.

Perhaps you ought to take this to the Exiscan users list.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick