[Exim] What happens when SA is delayed

Author: Frank DeChellis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] What happens when SA is delayed
Hi.

We're using Exim 4.2, Spamassassin 2.63 and Clam 0.67. The clam and the
exim work fine.

Here is my question. There are times when SA (running on a remote server)
gets too busy and my Exim panic log says the connection times out.

Since this started happening 3 weeks ago we have been experiencing email
going to clients 5-10 and in some cases 100's of times. I turned SA off
last night and it hasn't happened.

Using my high level detective skills, I would have to think this was,
somehow, causing my duplicate messages.

Is it possible that Exim might try to have the email scanned, get a time
out, send the message anyway but try to scan it again later?

This problem has been a thorn in my side for a few weeks.

Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Frank
Frank DeChellis, President
Internet Access Worldwide
3 East Main St. Welland, ON, Canada L3B 3W4
1-905-714-1400 http://www.iaw.com