Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as o…

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth doesn't prevent users from sending as other users
--
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 05:46:48PM -0800, Fred Viles wrote:
> The OP was asking how to prevent authenticated users from sending
> spoofed messages, and I was pointing out that it might be simpler and
> adequately effective just to prevent them from doing it
> *anonymously*.

Given that it is quite easy to restrict them to only being able to send
mail from their authorised address, which is what the OP specifically
asked for, I fail to see the point in only going half the way there.
The complex configuration examples only arose from tangential
speculation about creating very generic solutions that would allow any
kind of arbitrary restriction.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse. Where? There, on the stair. And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill. -- Harry Hill