Re: [Exim] What exactly happens with ACL "warn" messages?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Toralf Lund
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] What exactly happens with ACL "warn" messages?
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Toralf Lund wrote:

>    1. Do I always get an extra header, or just when the message appears
>       to contain a header name followed by a ":"?

You could always try an experiment....

If there is no header name at the start, Exim adds "X-ACL-Warn:". I have
made a note to document this.

>    2. Does this work for all the different ACL types?

Only for those that apply to message reception (MAIL, RCPT, DATA,
not-SMTP).

> Related question:
>
>     * I notice that convert4r3 will inserted something like

> warn message = X-Warning: <RBL related message>
>

>       when converting version 3 config files with entries of the form
>       <rbl dns>/warn in rbl_domains, while Exim 3 would insert an
>       "X-RBL-Warning", i.e. the header name has changed. Any particular
>       reason for this?

I cannot remember what I was thinking 2.5 years ago when I implemented
that, but it may just be a simple typo. I do not, however, propose to
make any change to convert4r3 at this state.