Re: [Exim] Compile options - SMP and min processes

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: SSugg lists
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Compile options - SMP and min processes
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, SSugg lists wrote:

> We've been running Exim for a couple of years now (now on v4.30), but need
> to get a little more out of it. Someone told us that in order for it to
> take full advantage of the dual-processor system it is on, we need to
> compile it with the SMP option. The problem is I can't find ANYTHING that
> talks about an SMP option.

That's because there isn't one. :-)

> Second, how do you get 10 Exim processes to always stay active? I'll watch
> ours start at 5 and then eventually drop to 1. We're running with -bd
> -q30m, but I know there must be a default compile option that I'm missing.

Wrong again, I'm afraid! The design of Exim is not one in which
processes (apart from the single daemon process) stay active. With the
exception of the daemon, all Exim processes are short-lived by design.

> Third, is there a way to change the order things happen? First I want to
> confirm that the email is for one of our users, then see if it is spam.

As another poster said, you can control this in the ACL configuration.