Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization erro…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error,
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 11:13:06PM -0800, Tor Slettnes wrote:
> could not, as I do now, relay mail from my (semi-)dynamic IP address at
> home via my co-hosted machine at a different service provider.

Just remind me again what port 587 is for.

I don't see why you think you have a god-given right to send me email,
especially when you are on a dynamic IP broadband/dialup. You don't.
Full stop. If you don't want to change how you send email, that's
ultimately your problem, and I'd rather that some DUL listed you and
everyone like you until you sorted yourself out with a clue.

What you, and everyone else like you, have failed, as yet, to answer is:
How do I as receiving MTA tell the difference between you, running your
legitimate UNIX mail system on the end of your broadband, and your
neighbour, running Windows 98, without virus checking which is now spewing
spam or worms to me, on the same broadband range.

When people can sensibly answer this question, I, and I suspect others will
relax our stance on dialup/home-broadband port 25.

Cheers

MBM