[Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, i…

Author: Mick Swisher
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, input sent
Subject: [Exim] Re: stmp protocol violation, synchronization error, input sent without waiting for greeting
Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Mick Swisher wrote:
>
>>>Is there a way to either 1) whitelist certain hosts so that they can
>>>get around this enforcement? or 2) remove enforcement for just
>>>synchronization of waiting on the greeting?
>
> In our experience, this is primarily spamware. You surely don't
> really want to hear from that pondlife, do you?

> If there's someone you want to hear from who's breaking the protocol
> in this way, then - for their own benefit too - you should be pointing
> out to them that their behaviour is unacceptable and they need to fix
> it. There's plenty of other potential recipients who will treat their
> behaviour as hostile - they need to know that.

Unfortunately we have a legitamate user attempting to send inbound email
from his dsl account and cannot get through.

2004-03-15 01:02:57 SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error
(input sent without waiting for greeting): rejected connection from
H=adsl-66-141-211-211.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net [66.141.211.211]

Since most of our users are either doctors or users sending mail to
doctors, we are expected to resolve this issue but I really don't want
to disable protocol enforcement if I do not have to.

We have tried to contact swbell.net via email and by phone but keep
getting the run-around or just plain ignored. Anyone else having
trouble with swbell.net?

Thanks