Re: [Exim] 4.30-6.amwoody.1 + spamassassin problem

Author: Andy Firman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] 4.30-6.amwoody.1 + spamassassin problem
On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:03:49AM -0800, Tor Slettnes wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2004, at 08:12, Andy Firman wrote:

<snip>
> Sorry, I did not analyze your router in detail yet, however I want to
> give you one opinion first.
>
> Don't run SpamAssassin in a router. Run it in an ACL (via Exiscan-ACL)
> or in a local_scan function (using e.g. SA-Exim).

Okay. I just deleted my transport and router and will use exiscan-acl.

> The reason is:

<snip good information and explantion....thanks>

> Let me know if you want me so send you config snippets for Exim and
> SpamAssassin, and sample (Sieve) filters for mail sorting.

Yes please.
Since I am running exim4-daemon-heavy, I only need to add some things
into the /etc/exim4/conf.d/acl files to get this going right?
Mainly the 40_exim4-config_check_data file?

After reading the exiscan-acl-spec.txt file, it seems I can continue to
use my installed spamassassin, but I am not sure how to get exim4 to
actually call SA to do the spam work.

Also, when you change some of those files in the conf.d directory,
one needs to run update-exim4.conf right?

And is it necessary to do /etc/init.d/exim4 restart ??

Any info you can send me, or the list, would be great.

Thanks,
Andy