Re: [Exim] how to disable or change Return-path?

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Mario K?ppen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to disable or change Return-path?
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:24:43PM +0100, Mario K?ppen wrote:
> At 14:02 08.03.2004, you wrote:
> >Have your cgi scripts call exim -f<from@address> (and preferably run them
> >with suexec so that they run as the user's uid/gid, not apache's)
>
> I know (schould have mentioned it before) but i cant change all scripts of
> our users. Is there a more generic approach (command line option)?

From a non-suexec PHP perspective - in the virtualhost stub of the domain
you want the envelope from address modifying add:

<VirtualHost ...>
ServerName example.com
... other directives

# add this:
php_admin_value sendmail_path "/path/to/exim -t -i -f postmaster@???"

... other directives
</VirtualHost>

where postmaster@??? is the address you want bounces to be
delivered to.

Note this depends on the fact you have your apache user in the
'trusted_user' config option in exim:

trusted_users = www

where 'www' is the user apache runs as.

If you're interested in seeing my stumblings, see this post:

HTH.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer