Re: [Exim] Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus

Author: Markus Fischer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 07:55:09PM +0200, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote :
> Hi Everybody ,
>
>     Could you give me advise about exiscan and Clam AntiVirus ?!
> I red some mailing list about Clam AntiVirus , and I afraid of  Clam because
> I saw too many unexpected die abput it.

>     Does any body using exiscan and Clam AntiVirus together and I also
> want to ask How do you trust it ? or Does it reliable ?!

    I'm facing exactly this problem since a few days. Every 4 to six
    hours clamav suddenly dies away (in mainlog: timeout error) and that
    was it. I need to manually kill all clamd processes and restart it.
    I'm not very happy with it.

    Strange however, this exacrly not-touched-since-months setup worked
    before. I'm using debian testing and updating on a regular basis,
    however I haven't see clamav or exim updates for a while.

    I'm lost currently. Disabled clamav is too high a security risk
    however ... I don't know what I shold do :|

    - markus