Re: [Exim] Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus

Author: Chris Meadors
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exiscan and Clam AntiVirus
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 12:55, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,
>
>     Could you give me advise about exiscan and Clam AntiVirus ?!
> I red some mailing list about Clam AntiVirus , and I afraid of  Clam because
> I saw too many unexpected die abput it.

Well my Linux kernel panics[1] more often than ClamAV dies. Actually
I've not had ClamAV die on me once, but the machine has only reached one
week of uptime. I'm running the 0.67-1 release.

>     Does any body using exiscan and Clam AntiVirus together and I also
> want to ask How do you trust it ? or Does it reliable ?!

Indeed, my ClamAV is paired with exiscan. Because exiscan drops the
full e-mail body along with the attatchments to be scanned, the ClamAV
signatures for the password protected ZIPs are matched (they match the
message body, not the ZIP file because it is encrypted). So it has done
a good job even stopping this latest threat.

I'm quite happy with this setup. I'm scanning over 300,000 e-mails a
day now, with no issues.

[1] 2.6.3 on a dual Opteron with still a few issues.
--
Chris