Re: [Exim] clamming up Exim

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Christopher Baker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] clamming up Exim
--
On Mar 3, 2004, at 17:27, Christopher Baker wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on using Clam Anti-virus to scan
> all incoming mail? I have Exim 4.30 on Debian 3.0. I would also like to
> have it send a message telling the sender why the message is being
> rejected, etc. Or maybe we could just have it scan and send the message
> to the Exchange server anyway?

Use the 'exiscan-acl' patch, which is included in 'exim4-daemon-heavy'
Debian package. However, this package is not available in Debian Woody
(3.0), so you need to do one of the following:
- Upgrade to 'sarge' (testing) or 'sid' (unstable).
- Find a backport of 'exim4-daemon-heavy' (for instance, you can
search at 'apt-get.org').

Once you have 'exim4-daemon-heavy' installed, look at:
    /usr/share/doc/exim4-daemon-heavy/exiscan-acl-spec.txt.gz
    /usr/share/doc/exim4-daemon-heavy/exiscan-acl-examples.txt.gz
for usage.  Specifically, you want something like the following in
    /etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/40_exim4-config_check_data:

    deny message = This messsage contains malware ($malware_name)
        demime = *
        malware = *

Also, in "section 1" of the exim config file (I suppose this means
'create a file in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/'), insert something like:
        av_scanner = clamd:/opt/clamd/socket

Disclaimer: I have not tried this - I just recite the exiscan-acl docs.

-tor
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]