Re: [Exim] helo: ip number instead of hostname?

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Ferenc Engard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] helo: ip number instead of hostname?
Ferenc Engard [3/1/2004 11:17 PM] :

> I know it, but I use this config since 3-4 years, and I do not like
> smarthosts. One more place to go something wrong. :(

Actually no .. quite a few of these are built / run by people who really
know email. If you dont trust your isp's smarthost find someplace that
lets you use auth, or send out through an ssh tunnel (localhost:2525 on
your dsl --> localhost:25 on a shell server on a static ip someplace).

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux