Re: [Exim] helo: ip number instead of hostname?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Ferenc Engard, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] helo: ip number instead of hostname?
At 6:01 pm +0100 2004/03/01, Ferenc Engard wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>There are some hosts which check HELO addresses, and as my exim
>is on a dial-up server, my primary hostname (for my internal use) is
>rejected. I suspect that my outgoing interface's IP address would be
>good, but I do not know how to pass it to the helo_data option.
>
>Any tips?
>
>exim 3.36.

since it seems that you are catv-50626ce2.catv.broadband.hu that is
the name you should use, or, if you have set up a domain with A
record 80.98.108.226, you can use that too. That does not look like a
dialup, but it is probably dynamic, and will give you all sort of
blacklisting problems.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/