Re: [Exim] Sender verification via callout

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Russell King
CC: Zharovtsev, Anton, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sender verification via callout
Russell King [3/1/2004 6:59 PM] :

> They are wrong. As I've stated here before, I strongly advise people
> to refuse to accept mail from people blocking <>. The reason is that
> if you are unable to deliver their message, you have no way to tell
> the sender that you were unable to deliver.

Consider, if you will, the situation where a large ISP with several
domains, and millions of users, has some of its domains forged into
millions of spams, so that their mailserver clusters get pounded with
several hundred thousand to a few million bounces every hour.

What would you suggest that such an ISP do?

    srs

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux