[Exim] Sender verification.

Author: tom.frost
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Sender verification.

Hello,

I need to be able to verify the sender address but not reject it with a 5xx
if the verification fails( much like the exim v3 switch sender_try_verify).

I did have this acl statement to deny if the verification fails and to
check our custom reject list;
      reject       verify           = sender
      deny  senders     = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/config/sender_reject

... but as you can see this will deny and it can't verify as it is
required. So should i use the following (and is it correct)
      accept       verify           = sender
      deny  senders     = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/config/sender_reject

... or should i concoct some sort of fancy endpass statement such as....
      accept domains    = *
            verify            = sender
            endpass
      accept senders    = *

... which would, hopefully, always pass to the next statement and if
verification fails the statement below endpass should always succeed and
will thus accepts and unverified address. But would this screw up my later
dnsbl or other ACL checks?

I would appreciate it someone could check my logic and syntax and get back
to me.

Cheers,

Tom.

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC and S+S
are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.