Re: [Exim] Dealy in getting connected to Exim from remote ma…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Dealy in getting connected to Exim from remote mailservers
On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:03, Dilip M wrote:
> Whenever i try to telnet to my Exim mailserver (from remote mailserver)it
> takes some 40 seconds delay to get connected.

This is typically down to one of 2 things:-
      * DNS lookups (if you are doing something that causes the ip
        address to be looked up to get a name - for example matching it
        against a hostname in acls)
      * ident lookups

The DNS delays are down to you having a decent caching resolver nearby,
and having appropriate delegations on your own address space.

ident lookups will have related rfc1413 settings in the config files.

    Nigel.