Re: [Exim] Sender verification.

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sender verification.
On 2004-02-26 tom.frost@??? wrote:
> I need to be able to verify the sender address but not reject it with a 5xx
> if the verification fails( much like the exim v3 switch sender_try_verify).

sender_try_verify is equivalent to using the "/defer_ok" modifier on
the verify statement.

> I did have this acl statement to deny if the verification fails and to
> check our custom reject list;
>       reject       verify           = sender
>       deny  senders     = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/config/sender_reject

Syntax error. "reject" is invalid acl statement.

> ... but as you can see this will deny and it can't verify as it is
> required. So should i use the following (and is it correct)
>       accept       verify           = sender
>       deny  senders     = lsearch;/usr/local/exim/config/sender_reject

[...]

Two separate acl statements, the first one accepts any verifyable
sender, the second one rejects any sender listed in the file. The
second acl-statement is not mentioned in the text of your mail.

Perhaps you want
require verify = sender/defer_ok
            cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.