Re: [Exim] authenticated_sender not attaching AUTH to MAIL

Author: TN
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] authenticated_sender not attaching AUTH to MAIL
Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, TN wrote:
>

>>when I do a debug_print of authenticated_sender just after I've set it,
>>

>Not sure exactly what's going on here (I haven't followed the thread),
>but my guess is that you are expecting $authenticated_sender to contain
>what you have specified in the authenticated_sender option. This is not
>the case. The value of $authenticated_sender is the value that was set
>when the message was received.

Thanks for the feedback Philip.
I'm now a bit confused about what you're saying - so if I print
$authenticated_sender, that only shows me what was passed, NOT what I
set it to ? I presume you're saying I can still set it to what I am
trying to, but I just can't print it out in the transport debug ?

In a nutshell, I'm trying to set authenticated_sender to the recipient
of the email so that AUTH= gets attached to the MAIL cmd when exim
delivers to cyrus via smtp/lmtp, so that I can do exactly what the doc
says - not require cyrus acls for affixed deliveries. My traces show
that no AUTH= gets attached no matter what I do. I'm running debian
unstable, I've tried to see if there is anything particular that the
packagers have done or not done, but turned up zilch.

thanks for your time, I know you're a busy guy.