[Exim] Python Exim support, developer information.

Author: David M. Wilson
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [Exim] Python Exim support, developer information.
Hello list,

I have hacked up a simple patch today which adds
"${python {fn} [{arg1} ..]}" syntax to Exim. Apart from the language
change, and the way the Python code is loaded, the support is as close
to identical to the Perl support as I could care to implement.

It isn't yet ready for public scrutiny, as there are a few small
problems, most important of which is ensuring Exim's original signal
handlers are not interrupted by the Python initialisation process.

The patch has been developed for use on a 2ghz Intel Linux mail server,
serving less than 25 clients. I have not based any implementation
details on this fact, however. Python code is executed in its compiled
state, I dont think there are many other avenues of optimisation
available.

Given a reasonably sized Python module performing a moderate amount of
work, I cannot see why this patch could cause an unreasonable overhead.
If anyone would like to test, please mail me off-list and I will provide
you with it.

Is there a better place for discussion of Exim internals and
development, or is this list also used for that purpose? Thanks,

David.

--
The strong live and the weak die.
AHAHAHA