Re: [Exim] Re:TNEF Problems

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: Exim users list
CC: tom
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re:TNEF Problems
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:58:47AM +1300, Scott Truman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I get so few TNEF emails sent to our site, and until this bug is
> fixed (wherever it lies), I'm 'happy' to reject TNEF formatted emails
> coming into our system. How would I check for a Content-Type:
> application/ms-tnef header in an ACL?
>
> I'm amazed that more people aren't hitting this bug, or are they
> just unaware?

I just deployed an exim server with the exiscan patch, and I also
noticed that my /var/spool/exim/scan directory was filling up with
undeleted directories. I hadn't yet realised what was causing that,
until I saw this message, and then I went and looked, and sure enough,
all the directories left lying around contained messages that had
ms/tnef attachments. My directory had grown to 1.4 GB in just 2 days!

Maybe Tom can shed some light on this. There must be a missing unlink
or something missing in the code which handles tnef attachments.

--
Anand Buddhdev