Re: [Exim] Message ID issue.

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Message ID issue.
On 2004-02-11 chris@??? wrote:
> I`m having problems sending email to the list from a newly compiled Exim
> 4.3. I`m running on Linux with fairly standard configuration files, the
> only exception being that all my users are virtual (in mysql).

> When I send to the exim-users list, Exim relays the message correct,
> however I get a 550 Message ID not defined, which is shown by the
> returned headers below.

> Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before or am I missing something
> here (not unusual).

[...]

Hello,
exim 4.30 does not add a missing Message-ID to mails injected by SMTP
anymore. You can work around this with

   warn condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID: {1}}
        hosts = +relay_from_hosts
        message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>

in the DATA acl.
              cu andreas
PS: If Phil was not that overwhelmed with work currently I would place a
wishlist request to either undo this change in 4.30 or make message-id
adding conditional
message-id-add-hosts: hostlist expanded
because adding in the acl cannot take "message_id_header_domain" and
"message_id_header_text" in account.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"