Re: [Exim] Losing mail

Author: Philip Hazel
To: jpff
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Losing mail
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 jpff@??? wrote:

> I have a problem that I would much rather not be the case. I am
> losing mail. The latest example was sent from inside the local
> network to the mail machine,

<snip>
> but the message did not appear in the mailbox.

<snip>
> My confusion is that it usually works, but just a few escape -- and
> always from the same user as far as i am aware. Any suggestions?
> This happened in earlier versions of exim as well.

Hello John (long time no see...),

My suggestion is that the user in question is using an MUA that is
somehow not correctly operating the mailbox locking protocol, causing it
to be updating the file at the same time as Exim. It might be worth
checking which MUA this user is using.

Are your mailboxes on NFS files?

Regards,
Philip