Re: [Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base

Author: Mark Foster
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:45:17AM -0200, Everton da Silva Marques wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:03:57AM -0500, kmb wrote:
> >
> > In the past few days I have had three clients ask me for an
> > estimate of the install-base of EXIM vs Sendmail vs Exchange vs MTA X.
> > Has any one in the community done any kind of study at all? Nigel, any
> > Ideas.... I feel rather foolish when asked this question. M$ will
> > tell you that they have 43% of the market. But then again they paid
> > for that 'Study.' (http://tinyurl.com/38q5q)
>
> I have found these old surveys:
>
> DJB SMTP Survey (2001)
> http://cr.yp.to/surveys/smtpsoftware6.txt
>
> SMTP daemon survey (2002)
> http://linuks.mine.nu/smtp/

In 2002/2003 I did three such surveys which you will find here:
http://www.credentia.cc/
Incidentally, the latest of these shows exim to be the 3rd most popular MTA
for *nix, although most exim's were found to be v3.36

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark Foster <mark@???> http://mark.foster.cc/