[Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base

Author: kmb
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Can we Estimate the World Wide Install Base
All,

In the past few days I have had three clients ask me for an
estimate of the install-base of EXIM vs Sendmail vs Exchange vs MTA X.
Has any one in the community done any kind of study at all? Nigel, any
Ideas.... I feel rather foolish when asked this question. M$ will
tell you that they have 43% of the market. But then again they paid
for that 'Study.' (http://tinyurl.com/38q5q)

I've googled and come up empty. any pointers on and study with regards
to the current install base and % share of systems running EXIM would
be great.

Regards,

--
kmb

Kevin Barrett
Administrator -- Exim-Users.org Portal And Forums
Exim-users email list to forum gateway
Come Join us at 'The Exim-Users Forums' (http://www.exim-users.org)

kmb's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=774